Sunday, December 31, 2017

#42

Alright so I have around one and a half hour left until 2018. So here I am, in my room and completely procrastinating on studying and writing a blog post instead. Kids, make me your idol, please, I am very good at time management, kids.

So anyway, since 2017 is ending I decided to write this last post for 2017, to wrap up the whole 2017 journey. Where should I start?

On January 2017, I was still doing my foundation in Dengkil and tbh, I don’t really enjoy Dengkil that much. It was hell; mentally draining and I didn’t interact that much with people around me. I went to class, went back to my room and I went back home every week. How I miss going back home every week. If I could turn back time, I would be more active in Dengkil, maybe join a few clubs here and there and organize a few events instead of going back home every weekend. Maybe I focus on studying instead of complaining how much I dread in Science and how much I wanted to pursue in TESL instead. But anyways, I had a few good friends that I treasure; thank you for making my foundation life bearable.

Moving on to my life after foundation – I worked part-time at Petrosains. It was fun, like, legit fun. I finally have guy friends after a while. I mean, you know how I have no guy friends at all when I was in SGS and when I was in Dengkil I only have 5 guys in my class and I only talked to one or two if I needed anything. So, anyways, Petrosains was fun. I spent a lot of time with Syaf, and made several friends there and tolerated bitchy attitudes from visitors from all over the world. Yeap. Ah! And I had the opportunity to perform for Volunteer Appreciation Day in Petrosains.

Aaaaaaaaand, I’m currently in Sarawak, precisely in UNIMAS for my Bachelor Degree. I think it’s pretty much the highlight of 2017, I thought that I would give up halfway through the first semester and beg my parents to enroll me in some private universities in Kuala Lumpur. But here I am, weeping in my room as I contemplate should I change my major or should I just go with the flow. I’m hoping that these 3 years pass by fast and I can finally graduate.

Things that I learned throughout 2017 would be; keeping my circle small. It was never my forte to go around and make friends, it’s not that I’m that much of an introvert but it’s just that I like my circle small. I’m more content with this small circle that keeps me happy and motivated to keep going. Woots! I haven’t joined anything yet for this first semester but I assure you guys that I will be back performing on the stage starting next semester. Be it dancing or theatre, I don’t really mind.

2018 resolution? Pretty much the same thing every year.
  •  Trying to lose weight since I’m fat and flabby
  •  Try to socialize with people in UNIMAS and maybe making my circle a tad bit bigger
  •  Try to learn Sarawak language.  gdi, istg it is so hard to understand some words especially is there are talking in other dialects than the normal Melayu Sarawak. eg: Iban, Bidayuh etc.
  •  Should I join netball again? But I have low stamina and high fat, though.
  • Please, please, please be awarded dean list. I never had the opportunity back in Dengkil.
  • Try to manage my time wisely
  • Try and get a scholarship so that I don’t have to use my parents’ money. I feel so guilty having to buy flight tickets using their money, but then if I don’t use their money I won’t be coming back since I’m broke af.
  •  Live happily and contented with whatever I’m facing with my small group of friends. Hiks.
  • Write more stories!

And I guess, that’s just it. May 2018 bring us happiness? Or whatever you want, meh. Whatever.
p/s: I've deleted Sweater Weather from my blog. But! I've posted it on my asianfanfiction account. If you want to read it, it's there with several other stories, on-going stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment